KEY DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
* Handling the bidding process to maintain the maximum number of engagements the firm can complete in a timely manner.
* Planning of each engagement, including risk assessment.
* Scheduling staff for maximum efficiency of time and profitability.
* Training new staff.
* Reviewing work papers prepared by staff.
* Writing audit reports.
* Day-to-day client relationships.
* Billing and collection if necessary.
* Updating staff on new auditing and accounting standards.
* Updating firm on new accounting standards for compilations and personal financial statements.
* Maintaining Quality Controls for firm.
* Conducting annual internal monitoring for firm.
* Maintaining requirements for GAQC membership and reporting.
* Handling peer review for the firm.
* Monitoring CPE requirements for audit and review staff.
* Presentation of audits.
KNOWLEDGE & SKILL REQUIREMENTS
* Ability to demonstrate understanding of audit and attestation standards, and to communicate positions effectively with sound reasoning.
* Working knowledge of governmental and not-for-profit accounting.
* Organizational skills.
* Good communication skills - verbal & written.
* Time management skills.
* Supervision skills.
* Knowledge of peer review requirements.
* Ability to work well under deadlines with an understanding of the balance between efficiency and quality.
* Ability to ask for help when in doubt regarding duties or responsibilities.
* Ability to accept constructive criticism
* Ability to follow instructions.
Master's Degree a plus
Certified Public Accountant
4 + years' experience in auditing
SALARY AND RANGE
Salary of the audit manager depends on several factors such as years' experience and education qualifications.
For over 50 years Burke, Worsham & Harrell (BWH) has provided a full range of professional accounting and consulting services to small businesses, individuals, government entities, health care providers, and non-profit agencies in the southwest Georgia area. BWH has offices in Donalsonville, GA and Bainbridge, GA.