Utilities WorkerCity Of Ashford
The city of Ashford is seeking a fulltime Utilities Worker
- Installs, maintains and repairs a variety of public utility fixtures, such as sewers, storm drains, and the city water supply system.
- Ensures that city streets, parks and utilities are kept in satisfactory condition for safe use by the public.
- Conducts water sample tests to determine the purity of drinking water.
- Keeps water usage records.
- Conducts meter readings for the purpose of generating monthly billing statements.
- Performs tasks directed at maintaining city property in an attractive and safe condition, (i.e., mowing the lawn, patching holes, ornamental weed control, repair of streets)
- Maintains departmental equipment as needed.
- Maintains City Hall grounds for suitable attractiveness.
- High school education, or GED;
- Valid State Driver's License, with a safe driving record;
- Experience in these areas preferred, Pay depending on experience;
- BCBS Health & Dental, Vacation, Holiday, Retirement.
We are an equal opportunity employer and is firmly committed to complying with all federal, state and local equal employment opportunity laws. The Arcus Foundation strictly prohibits discrimination against any employee or applicant for employment because of the individual's race, creed, alienage, citizenship, color, sex, religion, national origin, age, sexual orientation, height and weight, disability,
gender identity or expression, marital status, partnership status, military status, domestic violence victim status, genetic information or predisposing genetic characteristics, prior arrest or conviction record, or any other characteristic protected by law.