The Eufaula Tribune, a division of Lee Enterprises and sister paper to the Opelika-Auburn News and Dothan Eagle, is seeking a Community Reporter to cover the city of Eufaula as well as Barbour and Quitman counties.
Located along the Chattahoochee River in southeast Alabama, Eufaula boasts many historic buildings and hosts the state's premier tour of homes, the Pilgrimage, every spring. It's also home to Lake Eufaula, known as "The Big Bass Capital of the World."
This position is ideal for journalists looking to dive into their careers or for experienced reporters with a passion for covering community news.
The reporter in this position will have the ability to build strong working relationships with area organizations, leaders and sources, find and report breaking news urgently and accurately, and tell compelling stories that capture the spirit of our community.
Tribune readers want the latest news and information about their community, as well as stories about the interesting people and places in the area. The reporter in this position will ensure that readers get a steady of flow of local content, both in the two weekly editions and on the website.
• A Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Mass Communications, Strategic Communications or related field or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• A year of experience at a weekly newspaper, or for recent graduates, newspaper internships and experience on a college paper, is preferred.
• Solid news judgment and the ability to recognize a good story.
• Comfort using social media for the purpose of figuring out what's happening and engaging with community members and audience.
• The ability to shoot serviceable photos and videos that can accompany written stories or stand alone as multi-media stories.
• Team player with solid interpersonal and communication skills.
• The ability to post and manage content on the website and social media, as well as the ability to plan each newspaper and coordinate with our design center.
Lee Enterprises is an equal opportunity employer.