Hunt's is now hiring
for all positions
The original part of Hunt's Restaurant building was a Walk O Pep gas station in the 1920s, owned by W.F. Covington, the owner of Walk O Pep gas distributorship. W.E. Boyd ran the business from 1936 until 1941 when C.N. Hunt bought it and operated it as a service station. He sold alcoholic beverages and introduced dominoes and checkers as entertainment for his customers. In 1956, Billy Joe Reeves
purchased the building and operated a full service gas station. In the early 1960s he saw the need for an eating establishment on this side of town and turned the profitable gas
station into a three stool oyster bar serving fresh shucked oysters on the half shell.
Business was good, and around 1970 they enlarged the building to serve six at a time.
In 1981, it was enlarged again to double its size, in 1989; he renovated the building and built a fresh seafood and steak restaurant which is attached to the original building,
connecting the oyster bar and lounge. In 30 years, Hunt's place has grown to a full size
restaurant and lounge, seating over 200
people. Hunt's Place – a popular eating and gathering place for Auburn and Alabama coaches, players and fans, as well as some well-known politicians.