Supervisor Food & Nutrition- F&N, FT, Varies
North Mississippi Medical Center Tupelo, MS Full-time Food Service
Posted on May 21, 2022
- Plans, directs, coordinates, evaluates, and documents quality Food and Nutrition Services activities in accordance with hospital policies/procedures and criterion established by various legal and regulatory accrediting bodies.
- Manages/Oversees that responsibilities of the Food and Nutrition Department are performed in an accurate, timely, cost effective, professional, and confidential manner.
- Inspects the quality, quantity, temperature, and appearance of food before it is served by inspecting kitchen activities to insure that correct procedures are being followed in preparing and cooking food items.
- Implements evaluation systems to monitor services provided by the Food and Nutrition Department such as: nutritional adequacy, consumer acceptance, new food products, equipment and supplies, management systems, sanitation systems, outside surveys, and educational methodology and tools.
- Conducts personalized patient interviews while utilizing nutritional literature (such as the Mississippi Diet Manual) for diet teaching and writing.
- Supervises the responsibilities of Production Workers and Utility Workers.
- Provides motivation and inspiration to Food and Nutrition Staff.
- Promotes and enforces departmental compliance with general safety and infection control standards.
- Recruits, orients, trains, counsels, and schedules personnel.
- Prepares and monitors departmental goals, budget, and performance improvement activities.
- Performs other duties as assigned while demonstrating willingness, ability, and team spirit to provide optimal customer satisfaction.
- Assists with orientation/inservice and attends, demonstrates, and participates in required inservices, performance improvement activities (including EXCEL), and other educational programs.
- To fulfill the requirements of this position, a high school diploma or GED equivalent is highly desired; possess knowledge in all operational aspects of Food and Nutrition Services preferred; possess certification as a Certified Dietary Manager or complete such certification within the first year of employment. Previous experience in food service desired (hospital setting preferred); previous supervisory experience desired (experience in Food and Nutrition preferred); and, possess good communication skills in order to effectively supervise and communicate with inter- and intra- departmental employees, patients and their family members, physicians, and public.