District Line Technician
District Line Technician (Chipley)
PowerSouth Energy Cooperative, headquartered in Andalusia, AL, is a generation and transmission (G&T) electric cooperative serving the wholesale power needs of 20 distribution members – 16 electric cooperatives and four municipal electric systems – in Alabama and northwest Florida. Today, PowerSouth remains a trusted energy provider for our member systems, who serve end-use consumers in 39 counties in Alabama and ten counties in Florida.
PowerSouth's most important asset is a workforce of over 500 men and women at nine PowerSouth locations. Safety is PowerSouth's number one core value, and our employees set the bar for safety excellence and have achieved an impressive safety record.
JOB SUMMARY & MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
The purpose of this position is to perform maintenance and construction of transmission lines and also to perform inspection and general care of substation facilities. This position requires a high school diploma or equivalent. Candidates must demonstrate a potential for success in the Service Technician Training program by qualifying on an aptitude-based placement exercise and qualifying on a behaviorally-based structured interview. Must have the ability to climb transmission structures and perform tasks while at these heights. Must demonstrate the ability to climb during the probationary period. Must be capable of being put on PowerSouth's switching list within twenty-four (24) months. Must have a valid driver's license. Must be able to obtain a Commercial Driver's License (CDL) within eighteen (18) months of employment (must be 21 years of age to obtain CDL).
- Assist in the performance of all phases of routine maintenance and repairs on transmission line facilities including climbing transmission structures.
- Operates heavy equipment such as road tractors, digger derricks, and bucket trucks in a competent manner in the completion of work assignments.
- Performs inspection of line facilities for abnormalities and reports items that need attention.
- Performs inspection and general maintenance on substations and associated equipment.
- Performs general maintenance on transmission line rights of way including removing dangerous trees, clearing brush, and trimming trees.
- Responsible for ensuring the success of PowerSouth by promoting team work, group goals and objectives, proper communication and cooperation within the department, division, throughout the PowerSouth organization and with member systems.
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Pension Plan funded 100% by the company
- 401(k) Plan with up to 5% employer match
- Group Life Benefits
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability
- Paid Holidays
- Paid Personal and Sick Leave
- Educational Assistance
Employment is subject to a negative drug screen, background check, and completion of a comprehensive application for employment.
EOE, including disability/veterans