Human Resources Supervisor
Swedish Match, a consumer-packaged goods (CPG) producer and market leader of quality machine made cigars is currently seeking a Human Resources Supervisor in the Human Resources Department for the Dothan, Alabama location.
This position is responsible for supervising the Human Resources and Safety activities and providing a variety of related services in the Dothan facility. Performs recruiting functions, staffing and benefit liaison functions, HR and safety training, employee relations and temporary staffing. Ensures compliance with all legal and corporate guidelines. Provides high quality support and customer service to all employees, all levels of management and outside public agencies regarding Human Resources management. Serve as the factory safety liaison within the Dothan facility to promote safety awareness within the workplace and ensure compliance to company safety policies, standards, and government regulations.
Major Responsibilities and Accountabilities:
Under the direction of the Vice President of Human Resources and Administration including the following. Other duties may be assigned.
- Prepare, maintain, and ensure compliance to established workplace HR Hourly policies and practices.
- Manage recruitment activities and assist in the selection process for open positions including secure requisitions, create internal job posting, perform ADP Recruiting Management inputs, placement of advertisements, scheduling and interviewing candidates, preparing offer letter, scheduling of pre-employment drug screenings and backgrounds.
- Plan and facilitate new employee orientation to foster a positive attitude towards organizational objectives. Perform new employee HR related training and communicate new employee announcements.
- Maintain employee personnel records and update records in the ADP HRIS as needed.
- Communicate employee benefits, prepare annual open enrollment packages, and update employee ADP benefit records as needed.
- Investigate and resolve work-related problems, recommend, and administer disciplinary actions according to company policies and prepare/maintain disciplinary documentation.
- Support managers with Human Resource Policies and drive disciplinary actions with review from Upper Management/VP of Human Resources and Administration.
- Prepare and administer annual hourly compensation increases and semi-annual production incentive awards.
- Supervision of other HR related tasks such as job bid process, job changes, leaves of absence, attendance programs, benefit/insurance questions, monthly reports, headcount reports, employee termination, employee referral programs and tuition reimbursement.
- Drive Temporary Labor support by managing services to provide temp labor on a consistent basis and within factory budget goals.
- Maintain Cost Center budget including giving to local charities and community services.
- Assist/present during factory planning meetings when required.
- Review Employee relations and staffing needs with management staff on yearly basis prior to budget process.
- Monitor employee surveys when required. Serves as team leader for employee activity committee, conduct meetings and manage employee activities.
- Interface with Payroll, Benefits and IS departments to ensure accuracy of employee timesheets, payroll checks, records, audits and maintain associated records.
- Dothan administrator of Kronos Workforce Central time and attendance system. Distribute weekly hourly payroll checks.
- Prepare the annual Affirmation Action Plan for the Dothan factory. Support applicable ISO 9001 (QMS) and 14001 (EMS) activities and initiatives, responding to corrective and preventative actions in a timely and thorough manner.
- Maintain applicable records and serve as a key contact for Human Resources and Safety requirements.
- Prepare, maintain, and ensure compliance to established safety policies and procedures. Investigate accidents or near misses to identify causes or to determine how such accident might be prevented in the future.
- Recommend corrective actions. Prepare and maintain safety reports, accident reporting, OSHA reporting and records for workers’ compensation ceases.
- Develop and conduct employee and new hire safety training, including required OSHA safety training.
- Maintain training documentation. (Dothan administrator of Puresafety online employee safety training system).
- Plan and perform workplace safety inspections and recommend/implement improvements to help protect workers from potentially hazardous work methods, processes, and materials.
- Serve as team leader of the safety and response teams, conduct meetings, supervise training and other team activities, and lead the safety award program.
- Plan and facilitate emergency preparedness, including training, fire and emergency evacuations, severe weather drills and prepare the appropriate reporting.
- Purchase safety supplies and operate with the budget.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in personnel management or related areas.
- Five to seven years of Human Resources generalist experience.
- Must possess strong analytical and interpersonal skills and ability to meet and interact with the entire workforce, as well as potential employees. Excellent computer, oral and written communication and problem-solving skills are required. Must be able to exercise initiative and make sound decisions within scope of assigned authority.
- Knowledge of employment law is a must. Solid working knowledge of HRIS, OSHA, EEOC regulation and recruiting systems are required.
- Must be able to successfully complete multiple concurrent tasks. Must have strong attention to detail, be committed to customer service, employ the team effort mentality and able to maintain confidentiality. Must be tactful and discrete in the daily performance of duties and responsibilities.
Benefits for New Hires:
Swedish Match offers highly competitive salaries, flexible benefits program, medical, dental and vision, bonding leave, life insurance, tuition reimbursement, 401(k), paid vacation and 12 paid holidays... and more !
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/Disability/Vet